Last Document Update: 23 SEP 2010
Check frequently for additions and updates to these release notes.
These release notes cover the following topics:
VMware Workstation 7.1.2 is a maintenance release that includes new features, adds support for newly released operating systems, addresses customer reported problems, and resolves security as well as some known issues.
- Added Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 support for Integrated Virtual Debugger´s live debugging mode.
- Many issues with running Windows 7 SP1 Beta, RHEL 6.0 Beta, and Fedora 13 in a virtual machine have been addressed. Each of these Operating System versions are still in development and have known issues, therefore they are not fully supported.
- NAT networking includes several performance improvements.
- VMware Workstation 7.1.2 has been tested with the new free standalone VMware vCenter Converter 4.3. VMware vCenter Converter can convert a single machine or an entire datacenter into virtual machines and it supports Windows 7. For more information on VMware vCenter Converter, see https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/?p=converter.
- Easy Install now supports older versions of CentOS.
- Added Windows 2008R2 and Apache Server 2.2.15 support for ACE Management Server.