Novell® Client™ 2 SP1 for Windows* provides connectivity to NetWare® and OES Linux servers for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows lets users on Windows workstations or Windows Server systems enjoy the full range of Novell services, including: authentication via Novell eDirectory™, network browsing and service resolution, and secure and reliable file system access. All services are delivered through industry-standard protocols. The Novell Client also supports the Novell traditional NCP™ protocol.
Although Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows is a separate release from the Novell Client 4.91 for Windows XP/2003, it has many of the same features as the Novell Client 4.91 for Windows XP/2003.
- Support for Novell Open Enterprise Server (OES) 1, OES 2, NetWare 5.1, NetWare 6.0, and NetWare 6.5
- File system integration with NSS and non-NSS volumes via NCP
- Login script processing
- Notification area (Red N) options
- Integrated login with Windows (single username and password)
- Integrated eDirectory™ login support for Windows Terminal Services
- Integrated eDirectory login and script support for TS Remote Applications.
- NMAS™ client integration
- Forgotten password recovery options for eDirectory
- LDAP contextless login support
- DFS junction support
- Support for 802.1x wireless authentication
- DHCP-based configuration options
- OpenSLP support
- Shell extensions for Windows’ file browser
- File caching/shared open mode support
- Auto-reconnect for NCP connections
- Cluster failover support for NCP connections
- Novell Client settings management and install-time pre-configuration
Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows is supported on the following platforms:
- Windows 7 (x86 or x64) (Ultimate Edition, Enterprise Edition, or Professional Edition)
- Windows Vista (x86 or x64) (Ultimate Edition, Enterprise Edition, or Business Edition)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64) (Enterprise Edition, or Standard Edition)
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 or x64) (Enterprise Edition, or Standard Edition)
Non-Supported Windows Platforms
Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows might run but is not supported on Windows Starter, Home Basic, and Home Premium editions.
On Windows Server platforms, Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows might run but is not supported on Datacenter Edition, Web Server Edition, or on Server Core installations using any edition.
Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows will not install or run on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, or Windows 2000.